10. It was my family reunion weekend, but we couldn’t afford to travel to my reunion (which would have required flying) so we went to my husband’s family reunion which was just a four hour drive away.
9. It was a four hour drive.
8. It was held in a podunk town. I don’t like podunk towns. Small towns I like because they are cute and quaint and have character. Podunk towns are different. Podunk towns are just old and backward and ugh.
7. We stayed in the best hotel in town and this was one block from the hotel
As a matter of fact, if you look closely on the left side, you can see the hotel.
6. By the time we arrived at the hotel to check in, they had given away all of the rooms with double beds (even though we reserved a room with double beds), so Jade, O, The Hubs and I all had to sleep in the same bed for the entire weekend.
5. I didn’t get any sleep the entire weekend.
4. It was so hot and so humid that my hair was a huge frizzball the entire time. I just kept smiling, even though I knew my hair looked crazy. There’s nothing worse than looking a mess and wearing a scowl, so I just pretended that I was gorgeous.
3. We all caught colds from the hotel air conditioning blasting directly on us.
2. It was a four hour drive home.
1. As soon as we put the kids in the bed, the biggest, scariest thunderstorm started shaking the house. The kids were so scared that they ended up….yup, you guessed it. In our bed.
Top Ten Reasons Why My Weekend Was Great
10. We went out of town and I got to meet some of my hubby’s extended family.
9. Across the street from our hotel was the town welcome center and guess what! They had a real bale of cotton in the lobby. A real bale of cotton!!!!
8. I met two women in the hotel dining room who were on a Thelma and Louise kind of trip and we had a great conversation. They had been stay at home moms and now their kids were all grown up and out of the house. It was nice for me to see that there is an end to this and for them to reminisce about the days long past. Very pleasant.
7. A stranger told me my children were well behaved during breakfast. He just walked right up to the table and said, “You have the most polite, well-behaved children. I know you may not think so, but trust me; I am an ER doctor and your children are extremely well-behaved.” Yay me. I am the best mother in the whole wide world. 😉
6. During the eight hour trip I managed to get a good mindless read in.
5. Jade thinks this was a vacation. LOL!!!
4. I got new clothes just for the trip. Have to put my best face forward for the inlaws. The Hubs couldn’t argue with that.
3. Hmmm….I am really, reeeaaallly stretching it here. Uh, we stayed at the best hotel in town.
2. The food was great.
1. At least the thunderstorm held off until we made it home. Would have been hell trying to drive in it.
Just trying to keep a positive attitude. How was your weekend?